Is your slow cooker gathering dust? Redeem your long-lost good intentions with this simple recipe.
I’m not even sure it qualifies as a recipe, maybe just a foolproof method for moist, tender potatoes.
- 3 sweet potatoes of similar thickness and overall size,* washed well
- Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the sweet potatoes into the crock, and cover with lid.
- Cook on high** for 2.5-3.5 hours, or until you can easily pierce with a fork or butter knife.
**I have always cranked mine up to the high setting because I'm hardly ever at home and awake for 6+ hours at a time. If you try it low and slow, let me know how they turn out.
If you’re looking for a second opinion, check out these similar “recipes” from around the web:
- Wellness Mama: Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Family Fresh Meals: How to make Crockpot Sweet Potatoes
- Super Healthy Kids: Sweet Potatoes in the Slow Cooker
My Crock-pot brand slow cooker is smaller than the common/traditional size. It’s perfect for the QP household because I don’t have to commit to large batches of any one dish. Husband isn’t fond of leftovers, and I get more opportunities to experiment. Plus it’s the right size for easy sides like sweet potatoes and brown rice!
Do you actually use your slow cooker?
What is your favorite thing to slow cook?